Friday, July 3, 2009

Eiffel Tower


I'm finally here!! and it's incredible!

I had quite the eventful journey over here. The flight itself was fine. I drifted in and out of sleep the entire flight, which was good. My only complaint was that they left the cabin lights on until 4am and it was freezing on the plane. When I got to the airport, I breezed through customs, got my first bag and waited for the second bag to arrive, and waited, and waited...

Yes, the lost one of my bags. After being the last person from my flight still standing at the carousal waiting in vain, I went to file a report. I then walk out to arrivals expecting to see Ben waiting for me. He's not there, and all the tears I'd been holding back come flooding out (in front of about 100 people). I find a pay phone to call him, and I FINALLY reunite with him, and everything starts looking better. Moral of the story: airports hate me.

We then took the metro to our hotel. We are staying at Hotel le Cadran and it's amazing! After relaxing at the hotel, we headed to the Eiffel Tower (Restaurant 58) for dinner. Paris has exceeded my expectations. The buildings are gorgeous with beautiful flowers on every terrace, trees lining the sidewalks, and cafes every 10 feet. It's wonderful!

When I saw the Eiffel Tower, I was so excited. It felt so surreal to be standing there. Eating in the Eiffel Tower will be something I will never forget. The view was breathtaking, the service impeccable, and the food--oh my goodness, the food-- was incredible. I've never tasted better chicken in my life. After dinner, Ben and I got some ice cream and sat on the Champs de Mars to enjoy the view of the Eiffel Tower. I couldn't have asked for a better night--it was perfect!






1 comment:

  1. So happy that you had such a great first day in Paris! The evening at the Eiffel Tower sounds absolutely wonderful! Hope they find your luggage soon and that you have enough clothes with you, and we hope that the second day in Paris will be even better than the first!
    Love,
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete