Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Le Train Bleu & Sacre Coeur

I just realized I forgot to write about night #3 in Paris. As I mentioned before, we went to dinner at Le Train Bleu, a beautifully ornate restaurant in the Gare de Lyon train station. Dinner was amazing (as usual in Paris). We got a bottle of bordeaux, and I have to say it's my new favorite red wine even though I'm not a big red wine fan. Ben and I both got the lamb with blue cheese. It was soooo good, but I couldn't finish because the portions were huge.


We then headed to Montmartre to see Sacre Coeur. On our way there, we stopped at this really cute store with AMAZING jewelry. I bought a couple of pairs of earrings and a purse. Sunday was definitely the day for climbing stairs. As we left the store, we saw the outline of the basilica with about 100 stairs leading up to it, so we started climbing. The view at the top was definitely worth all the effort. The sun was just setting, and it was so picturesque. There were so many people on the steps just enjoying the view while some street vendors were selling mini eiffel tower and playing on their accordions. After enjoying the view, we explored the area surrounding Sacre Coeur. There was a little market where artists wanted to draw your picture for some money, and little stores and food shops every block. We could see all of Paris from the top of Montmartre, and it was beautiful--definitely a night to remember :)


1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed Le Train Bleu. Paul and Donna asked if you enjoyed. The sky looks beautiful in the Basilica photo.Sounds like Paris has wonderful food and shopping--two of my favorites!!! Love, Sharon and Terry

    ReplyDelete